Natural Ways to Treat Acne
Natural Ways to Treat Acne
Acne can be the bane of the sufferer’s existence. It can be painful both emotionally and physically depending on how severe it is. But, thankfully, you can treat your acne naturally without chemicals and see awesome results and even a potential end to bad flare-ups.
1. Stop Eating Dairy Products – Dairy has long been known to cause phlegm and congestion which can lead to problems with the skin. Many people have cleared up serious acne problems by this one thing alone. Read labels, as dairy hides in many things where you would not expect to find it.
2. Drink Plenty of Fresh Filtered Water – Keeping your body hydrated with the best substance on the planet, fresh filtered water, is the best way to treat your skin and get rid of toxins in your body. Try to drink 64 ounces of fresh filtered water each day.
3. Cleanse with a Juice Fast – Try a three-day juice fast. Mix a combination of cucumber, apple, celery and spinach juice, drinking at least 64 ounces a day of fresh juice for three days. When you’re done, introduce foods back into your diet slowly, avoiding dairy and processed food.
4. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar – Mix one part vinegar plus one part filtered water, and use a cotton ball or soft cloth to apply to the acne prone areas of your skin after washing. During outbreaks you can apply several times a day.
5. Eat Fermented Food – Having healthy gut flora is an essential component of health. Sometimes having an overgrowth of yeast and unhealthy bacteria in the gut can manifest as acne. Eating fermented foods and other healthy probiotics can help your acne clear up.
6. Dab on Tea Tree Oil – Be very careful, though, because some people are sensitive to it. Try dabbing it on your acne at night to treat and prevent infection. Pay attention to any redness or sensitivity.
7. Lower Your Sodium Intake – Everyone needs sodium and the iodine added to table salt, but most people get far too much. Try using sea salts, and limiting the amount you use to help lessen the severity of your outbreaks. Try salting either only during cooking, or only at the table.
8. Take Up Meditation – Stress can cause a hormonal domino that can cause worse or more frequent skin flare-ups. Use natural ways to manage stress like meditation or yoga to stay calm and avoid the hormone surge of stress.
9. Eliminate Processed Sugar – Processed sugar can be a culprit in many health issues. Replace processed sugars with natural fruit sugars and try to get used to the natural flavor of food without adding sugar. Your skin will thank you.
Most of the tips here will not only help clear your acne but they will improve your health in other ways too. You’ll probably lose extra weight, feel better, and lower your risks of cardiovascular diseases in addition to ridding yourself of acne.
This post was provided by DIYPLR.com.